As temperatures begin to drop, it’s important to consider how conservation activities can change along with the season. Check out our tips for conserving natural gas during cooler weather!
- Save up to 10% on heating costs by lowering your furnace thermostat by three to five degrees, if health permits.
- Clean or replace your furnace filters according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Have your air ducts tested for leaks. Leaky ducts can cost you between 10 to 30 percent in heating and cooling costs.
- Reduce the temperature on your water heater.
- Save up to 10% on water heating costs by washing and rinsing your clothes in cold water.
Learn more energy saving tips at conserveenergysocal.com. Or to learn more about saving natural gas and why it’s important visit www.cpuc.ca.gov/savegas/.