Let’s all give thanks for conservation by incorporating some of the following energy conservation ideas into your holiday cooking routine this year.
Whether you’re hosting the big day or just bringing your favorite side dish, there are some easy ways to cut down on energy use and save money while you prepare your delicious meal.
Tips to make the most out of your large appliances while cooking:
- Stove: Use pots and pans that are the same size as your cooktop range burner to maximize efficiency and prevent energy waste.
- Dishwasher: Load the dishwasher to full capacity before starting it
- Microwave: Use your microwave when possible; it cooks faster and uses less energy
- Oven: Cook sides with the turkey if possible to reduce cooking times
- Refrigerator: Thawing your turkey in the refrigerator consumes extra energy, which means extra cost
Download the infographic here!