We all need to do our part to help conserve natural gas and electricity in Southern California.
Here are 10 ways to conserve energy in your home this summer.
- Set your AC to 78°F.
- Reduce the temperature on your water heater.
- Turn lights off when you leave the room.
- Use power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
- Take short showers instead of baths and use low-flow showerheads.
- Only run full loads of clothes or dishes.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Keep windows and doors closed when heating or cooling your home.
- Clean or change air filters regularly.
Thanks for joining in to help conserve energy. For more information on energy saving tips visit ConserveEnergySoCal.com