Let’s start 2018 right, here are some ways you can save money by conserving energy while you celebrate the start of the New Year.
- Temperature: Set your thermostat to 68 degrees to save energy and account for the natural body heat guests emit in a confined space
- Lights Off: Before you leave the house, turn off lights and unplug unused appliances to prevent energy use when you’re not at home!
- Stove-top: Don’t use the stove-top to heat up the party! Let the furnace do that. It’s dangerous to leave high heat unattended.
- Furnace Filters: A few days before guests arrive, check your furnace filters to ensure clean air and optimal efficiency when guests arrive.
- Windows: Weather proof windows to keep warm air in and cool air out!
- Dishwasher: Wait until the party ends, and the dishwasher is full to run a load of dishes!